Does your IT department need so much time for the installation of new tracking and tools that in the end you no longer know how you wanted the data? How quickly can you measure the data you need? Simplify your tracking processes! With Google Tag Manager you can manage your tracking codes, reduce the burden on IT and integrate tracking tools such as Facebook pixels or A/B tests in no time at all.
Get a better overview of the complete tracking concept within Tag Manager!
Track your website independently from your IT department!
Our experience of 13 years in online marketing shows again and again: If you want to be successful with your digital business, you have to be able to understand the behaviour of customers on the website or in the online shop. Google Tag Manager helps you to collect all the information from web analytics you need in one place to make the best decisions for your business.
Our experts will implement a simple implementation or an enhanced e-commerce tracking concept according to your specifications, allowing you to take a close look at user behaviour on your website. We would also be happy to support you in repairing an existing tracking system.
We will show your employees the possibilities of Google Tag Manager, with which you can configure most tracking on your website in no time at all, largely independent of the IT department. The contents of the training show the advantages and functionality of Tag Manager. Our experts provide an introduction to tags, triggers and variables as well as DataLayer and teach technical basics such as creating page view tracking, click tracking and scroll tracking as well as advanced methods.
Our Tag Manager experts will review your analytics setup with you and make specific recommendations tailored to your business. Discuss the possibilities with us in a Google Analytics consultation!
With Google Tag Manager, marketers can build, control and manage their own tracking and scripts. This makes your marketing technology much faster, more accurate and more flexible!Thomas Langnau
Web Analytics Manager at clicks digital
repeatedly awardedmultiple certifications
What you should know about Google Tag Manager
What is the Google Tag Manager?
This free tool allows companies to manage tracking codes to analyse their websites, track conversions or perform remarketing. The website code does not need to be changed for this.
What are the benefits of Google Tag Manager?
- Central documentation of all trackings
- Implementation and control of faster tracking
- Possibilities of configuration and troubleshooting directly by the analyst or marketer and therefore less prone to errors
- Unique tracking setup
- Less burden for the IT department (and lower IT costs)
- Increase the agility of online marketing and web analysts
- Establishment of automated tracking processes
- Automated rollout of tracking methods when supporting many websites
- Notably eases the administration work for websites with many hundreds to thousands of individual pages
- Possibility to react quickly with high frequency of individual tracking methods
- Easy integration of tracking tools such as Facebook pixels or A/B tests
- Support of the website performance, because tracking codes are combined in a container and load asynchronously
- Better overview of the complete tracking concept within the Google Tag Manager
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface for creating, testing, publishing and managing tags
- Working together thanks to the “Workspaces
What is the Data Layer in Google Tag Manager?
As soon as the Google Tag Manager is to be used for advanced tracking, the so-called data layer is required. This is a Java Script object that can be used to store website data, transfer it to Google Tag Manager, and then send it to third parties like Google Ads.
Which browser should be used for the Google Tag Manager?
For the configuration of the tracking, the use of Google Chrome is recommended, but experience shows that Google Tag Manager also works in other browsers.
When do businesses not need Google Tag Manager?
The only time you don’t need Google Tag Manager is when the marketer is also the programmer and can directly add anything he or she wants. Next to this exception, the use of Google Tag Manager is relevant for every company, because the standard implementation of Google Analytics is usually not sufficient.
You would like to set up a tracking in Google Tag Manager, get advice on the Data Studio or request an offer for an individual tracking concept? Then you’re welcome to contact me – I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thomas Langnau, Web Analytics Manager